Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Yorkshire Terrier Lovers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yorkie Challenges

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lowood

Lowood

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 8:58 am

What have you found are the challenges of raising a yorkie?
I myself found out that they are addicting and I cant kick the habit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.snowblueyorkies.com
GreensTreasuredYorkies

GreensTreasuredYorkies

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010, 12:20 pm

LOL thats my downfall too!!!! Those cute faces get me everytime!
Back to top Go down
http://greenstreasuredyorkshireterriers.com
ASTONISHING YORKIES

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 9:22 am

Then ony down fall is me not having a bigger place to spred so more Love. Never to many Furry Kids. flower
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

They really are addicting and VERY hard to stop!! You just start to dream about that next puppy and the potential they may have! We have one - two litters of biewers TOPS left and that alone has been very hard for me. It is just so exciting each and every litter.
First the heat...breeding...did it take? Ultrasound or xray later to check it out and see how many and how large...then the scary part of delivery...puppies are here!! What are they/how are they/healthy...check on them every hour and weigh every day to make sure they are gaining...eyes start to open...attempts at playing..walking..running...starting to eat on their own..crazy fun time...time to go to their new homes and watch the excitement of the new families. That is how it should all go and that is the excitement of it all. Of course we know along the way sometimes things don't happen like they should and sadness can happen. I think the biggest challenge of raising yorkies is their size. They are so much more fragile than a large breed of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keencanines.com
Connie

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Jan 2011, 1:43 pm

I find the biggest struggle with raising them is the potty training. Faith is about a year and a half, and is not fully potty trained. Another very hard part of having yorkies is when one of them gets sick! I just can't stand it when one of mine is under the weather and it's such a worry.

Yes indeed...they ARE addicting. I can't believe I've got 3...they are like potato chips and you can't have just one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yorkie Challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkie Challenges   Yorkie Challenges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkie Challenges
Page 1 of 1