Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Yorkshire Terrier Lovers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PDA Health Issue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 5:43 pm

I wonder who this person is? I am in the Grand Rapids area and I don't know anyone else with Biewers??
Back to top Go down
http://www.keencanines.com

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 7:33 pm

Wendy, I know of at least 2 other Biewer breeders in Michigan and one that no longer breeds Biewers but I posted this because this is the first time I have heard about this disease popping up in Biewers.
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 11:00 pm

Yes I understand this..it is just odd for me that there is someone so close that I don't know of. I have not heard of this problem either.
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 12:16 pm

Wendy, go to puppyfind and do a search by location...lots of Biewer breeders in MI now. Some are heartbreaking..people ruining these precious little dogs...makes me sick.
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 12:19 pm

I don't go on YT anymore but maybe you should send a pm to this person and see where they got the stud. I also can't believe this person wants someone to tell her/him that anything is possible. Both of these dogs need to be fixed....
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 9:48 pm

This is the breeder of the Biewer with PDA based on the phone number that is listed on the website...the name is different (Betty Keller) than what is posted on YT but both first names start with Betty.

Betty J Stepnowski
4064 Huffman Rd
Medina, OH 44256
(330) 764-9760

If you look at the video of the Biewer on her website, clearly this Biewer has major back end issues. Look at how he walks. The woman who bought him had more than just PDA issues with this poor dog.

I am very confused on how a breeder of 17 years would not see this.
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 1:11 pm

Oh wow I know her then!
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 1:12 pm

PS I saw him in person and he did not walk this way. Not sure what the video showed, but he seemed 100% to me.
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 2:48 pm

Wendy, if you go to the breeders website you will see how he is walkling..I am only making my comments from the video...

If you know this person, I don't understand how they could buy a biewer from this person...do you know why?
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 3:32 pm

I have only met her three times. Yes, the video does appear bad and if I had seen it and I was her I would have never purchased him. I have only seen him in person and he had no gait issues that I could see. I am not sure why she purchased him from her?
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:11 pm

I just wondered if she had told you. She paid a lot of $$$ for him and I think there are so many wonderful breeders out there who show their dogs or have been around since the beginning of these dogs and have some great lines...I would love to know the pedigree's on the breeders dogs and on this womans bitch.
Back to top Go down
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Perhaps you could PM her and ask? I have the pedigree on the male, but don't feel it's my place to post it.
Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 5:44 pm

Well maybe she will do the right thing because she needs to put the pedigree's up of both dogs, hers and the stud but I have never seen a breeder do this, even with Liver Shunt..
Back to top Go down
Trazon

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

This is the woman that bought the Biewer that produced PDA. Instead of wondering perhaps those that want info should simply email. I did retire the dogs (all) from breeding as of course is the right thing to do. I might ad that someone that decides stones should not be thrown as to why I bought him when they came and used him for breeding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PDA Health Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: PDA Health Issue   PDA Health Issue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PDA Health Issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie Avenue :: Health & Welfare & Education :: Yorkie Health and Diet-
Jump to: