Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Yorkshire Terrier Lovers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biewer Pedigree Database

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Biewer Pedigree Database Empty
PostSubject: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:39 am

Biewer Pedigree Database

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
myblustreak

PostSubject: Re: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:37 pm

Thank you for posting this I now have a 10 gen pedigree on my briewer male.

Hugs Carmen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm

Have you noticed how inbreed he was? or wasn't? Most of them from England on to Germany to the US were terrible...It is one of the reasons we have been having problems with Liver Shunt I believe.

I think this is a great website and hopefully you will load your dogs onto it. So many are missing ...which is sad...
Back to top Go down
myblustreak

PostSubject: Re: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:15 pm

He has ALOT in/line breeding in the 8-10th gen of his pedigree. Which cannot be healthy for any animal.I am assumming thats when they were trying to get the breed standard set. I really don't know if I am gonna keep him, I am trying to figure out which way i want my program to go. JMO i think the biewer world needs splitters to keep the bottleneck from happening again...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

The Yorkies were very inbred in the Streamglen Kennel in England (show dogs) before Mr. Biewer got his dogs and then he did a lot of inbreeding...to set the footprint of the dogs. IMHO people that are only breeding biewer to biewer are closing the studbook by doing this. I agree with you completely and if you haven't read "Genetics of the Dog" by Malcolm B. Willis this will confirm we are no where near to closing the book on these dogs..We have no idea what the COI is on these dogs and we should be trying to get to at least 50 generations removed. In England they are considering reopening studbooks to 99 generations because of all the health reasons...Most Biewers can't even get to 10 generations...Yes I believe a big botteneck is happening...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biewer Pedigree Database   Biewer Pedigree Database I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biewer Pedigree Database
Page 1 of 1