Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Welcome to Yorkie Avenue
Yorkie Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Yorkshire Terrier Lovers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Combined Biewers and Partis?

Go down 
+5
GreensTreasuredYorkies
Trico Yorkies
Fantasy Yorkies
myblustreak
Lowood
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Combined Biewers and Partis? Empty
PostSubject: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:27 pm

Who thinks we should combine the Biewers and the Parti's as one type? I am not using the word variance because of AKC's stand and I do not believe they are another breed. If you think we should what would you name them? What standard would you use? Let's have some friendly discussions in regards to this.
Back to top Go down
Lowood

Lowood

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:31 pm

I think it does deserve some discussion about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.snowblueyorkies.com
myblustreak

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:53 pm

I think it is a GREAT idea. They are being grouped together in the show rings they are accepted at. The hardest part I see is settling on name. I would really like to read others feedback on the subject.

Carmen
Back to top Go down
Lowood

Lowood

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 4:59 pm

Me too I wish more people would come in give their thoughts
Back to top Go down
http://www.snowblueyorkies.com

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 5:39 pm

Carmen, I have not seen them grouped together but I have only attended IABCA shows...what shows did you attend that you saw them together? Was there confusion? How did the people react?

I like the name Parti a'la Pom Pon but I have not given it a great deal of thought...

Last edited by LivingDustMops on Thu 16 Sep 2010, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fantasy Yorkies

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 1:58 am

I hadnt thought about another name either.
Since The AKC is registering the partis as Yorkshire Terriers, black and tan, parti color , would we want to call them anything else ?? The AKC has recognized them as this.
We dont want AKC to think we are saying they are anything else, or another breed.
In other breeds, is the parti color ever called another name or just parti color poodle or pom , etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010, 9:50 am

Sorry, another name if we combined the Biewers and the Parti's.
Back to top Go down
myblustreak

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Sep 2010, 5:29 pm

i read it a few months back on YT that the only place partis have been excepted to show ...they will be put up against the biewers .... I haven't heard of anyone showing a parti yet..... I am curious too.

Back to top Go down
Trico Yorkies

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 9:50 pm

While I am for supporting Biewers and do believe they are Yorkies.
I'm am against trying to combining the dogs into one group or giving them a new name.
One of the main reasons I went with the Parti's over Biewer is because the Parti's are AKC registered.

I'll be frank I think the Biewers are over all nicer looking (more consistent ) then the Parti at this point and I do like the tails.

I think the Parti Cub Members have done great work to help get the dogs to where they are right now and we still have a long way to go.
We have brought the dogs in the spot light and people are becoming more interested in them.

I'm sorry but I see a proposal like this as detrimental to the AKC Parti’s.
If we try to combine the dogs I'm afraid we would lose the small amount of
creditable and support we have been able to gain with the public.
I would hate to see that happen.

Back to top Go down
myblustreak

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 4:50 am

I only have one question.... If a champion german sheppard is looking for a US title.... Will AKC accept German registry? IE the same german reg that the biewers are reg with.? Is it just the biewers and all the crap that gayle started (sorry when the kettle is black it is black)? or is it the reg in general?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 10:51 am

No it is the registry that AKC will not accept not the breed. . AKC will only recognize the German Kennel Club (VDH registry). Also there are over 50 different registries in Germany alone...some are good and some are bad just like in the states. The purpose of a registry is to validate they are purebred dogs and just because a breeder says they are we all know this is not the case. Sadly Mr. Biewer did not go forward with documenting his dogs were Yorkies like what happened in the states. I believe his health maybe was failing him but people who he sold/gave his dogs to also did not try to validate these dogs. The tri-color Yorkies were showing up in the states before he had his litter.

Last edited by LivingDustMops on Sat 18 Dec 2010, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreensTreasuredYorkies

GreensTreasuredYorkies

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:19 am

If they were combined I'd like to see them just as an AKC Yorkie as a color variance.
Back to top Go down
http://greenstreasuredyorkshireterriers.com
GreensTreasuredYorkies

GreensTreasuredYorkies

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:22 am

Altho I prefer the tail Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://greenstreasuredyorkshireterriers.com
Wrenee4

Wrenee4

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 2:32 pm

IMO they are are pretty much the same...the biewers have just been worked on longer to get those strong traits that you see in most of them. If a parti came from two reg colored yorkies and biewers started from two reg colored yorkies as is stated....then how are they different? I agree that I prefer the tails!!! Biewers are usually IBC or at least have IBC in their background from Germany and AKC does not accept their registery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keencanines.com
schmutzmola

schmutzmola

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 8:43 pm

Very tough! I am in favor of strengthening the biewer yorkie's genetic pool by introducing the diversity the parti yorkies have to offer but I completely understand the frustration the parti breeders would have at subjecting their AKC lineage to detriment.
I can see how the parti people would want to keep the biewers out because the partis are AKC.
I can see how the biewer people would want to keep the partis out because they have not been as selectively bred for color, conformation and temperament.
Since a yorkie is a yorkie I hope there can be a way to see the two types reintegrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:40 pm

myblustreak wrote:
i read it a few months back on YT that the only place partis have been excepted to show ...they will be put up against the biewers .... I haven't heard of anyone showing a parti yet..... I am curious too.

With IABCA the one Parti I saw in the ring was up against the standard Yorkies. He was very well respected in the Yorkshire Terrier breeding world and many of his standard Yorkies have been in the AKC show ring. Sadly he was murdered, and no one has taken up the challenge in the IABCA show world. Please understand many things posted on YT are said without facts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

I believe AKC would love to see the Parti's go away because of the heat from the YTCA but they also want the registration of the litters $$$$. I don't see it happening but I feel if all of a sudden AKC's registrations doubled then they would kick the Parti's out. On the other hand if we could give them 500 new registrations by combining then they would love us.

I also would like to see them as a color variance with the Yorkies and also a tail variance. The beauty of the Biewers tails is spectacular.

Back to top Go down
Teresamag

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 12:10 pm

myblustreak wrote:

I know I am coming into this discussion late but APRI will allow Parti's to be shown as well. My mom and I have 2 Parti's who are APRI champions and 1 who has his first leg toward his championship. You can see my Dancer & Whiskey on my website or on Facebook. Very Happy

Teresa
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Aseret

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2013, 6:48 pm

It would make me happy to have my AKC Parti color Yorkie treated like my other Yorkies just a color difference like in Lab, Cockers, and Poodles just a different color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combined Biewers and Partis?   Combined Biewers and Partis? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combined Biewers and Partis?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie Avenue :: Yorkie Avenue :: General Yorkie Discussions-
Jump to: